: Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy.
neomento develops virtual reality therapy solutions for the treatment of mental disorders. In our solution, the so called in virtuo exposure therapy, patients are confronted with their fears and addictions in virtual reality. This therapy approach is a highly effective way to treat various mental disorders. Re-learning behavioural patterns, is extremly challenging and most effectively done by direct exposure.
This, on the other hand is time-consuming, intricate and hardly feasible. Hence it is seldomly done by therapists which has the consequence, that many patients do not receive the most effective treatment.
The neomento virtual reality therapy solution can change that.
The neomento VR therapy software is easy to use and obtains the same effectivity as the complicated real-life exposure. Therefore patients get the best treatment, while it still is realizable in a therapists daily routine.
- Effectivity proven by several clinical studies
- Exposure without the need to leave the clinic
- Fully controllable situation & interactions
- Wide choice of different scenarios
- Real-time biodata recording and analysis
- Integration of biofeedback therapy
- Hand-crafted characters and dialogs recorded by professional voice actors
Apart from offering a highly effective treatment, more benefits accompany the neomento VR therapy software:
- Objective parameters to support patient’s motivation
- Reduced risk of deepen problematic behavioral patterns
- Time-saving exposure in different environments, without long preparation times and drives
- Changing mental and physical behavioural patterns by integrating biofeedback
- Accessibility to appropriate therapies according to official psychological guidelines
neomento is a spin-off project of the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, a research institution within the Helmholtz Association.
We continuously implement research results in product development processes to achieve high quality solutions.
The interdisciplinary team with a strong research background consists of clinical psychologists, VR software developers, 3D Artists, biomedical engineer, medical doctor, neuroscientist and business manager. Every member of the team obtains years of experience and a strong track record. Additionally, neomento has access to an extensive network of clinical partners, research institutions and advisers.